Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Celebrating Nine

Bea's birthday is this month. She would be celebrating her 9th birthday on September 26. If she were here it would likely be a girly affair with lots of pink. Maybe she would still be addicted to getting "luvies". Not diapers but her word for stuffed animals.

This year I'm going to start donating what would have been spent on birthday gifts to Bea to a worthy not-for-profit. I expect that we would probably spend somewhere around $200 so that's what it's gonna be. I know that's spoiling a bit but we're very, very lucky that we can do this.

The organization I'm sending this donation to is the Brain Tumor Foundation for Kids. They are based in Atlanta and do a lot of community support as well as fund promising research. Their web address is http://www.braintumorkids.org/donate.html

I am asking you, my readers, to please donate $9.00 to the Brain Tumor Foundation to celebrate Bea's 9th birthday. This is a really well run organization and the donation will be well spent on real services, not just administrative costs.

Next year I'll ask for $10 and I plan to do this for as long as I live.

Again... http://www.braintumorkids.org/donate.html